Description
Modo Middenstatie. Bounded by the Koningin Astridplein on the north side, on the west side and Pelikaansstraat Zoo on the east side.
The first Belgian railway line, the segment Brussel-Mechelen , was inaugurated on 5 May 1835; on May 3, 1836 followed the segment Mechelen-Antwerpen . The first station to Antwerp, when " Antwerpen-Oost ",Was not more than a wooden barak located outside the then fortresses at the beginning of the Carnotstraat. When in 1843 the Schelde-Rijn -railway was opened, it was an additional freightstation increased to the damped Ankerrui. In 1854, the old reizigersstation replaced, still by a wooden station,On-the-spot of the current Koningin Astridplein and the continuity in the ramparts of the Teniersplaats by a gate. Shortly after the commissioning of the station, in particular June 26, 1854, was the line Antwerpen-Roosendaal -Moerdijk officially inaugurated. When in 1859 it was decided to scrap the Spanish fortresses, which the military constraints lapsed,The building of structures from resistant materials in a zone of 585 meters around the prohibited by, it considered that the construction of a stone railway station. It was decided to set up the new drive in place of the old one and to increase the railway track. The implementation of the work dates from 1895-05. Over the years, a number of changes have been made.By Royal Decree of March 12, 1975 were reizigersgebouw, spoorweghal, elevated shoulder to correct past the Long Kievitsstraat listed as a historical monument. Damage caused by flying bombs and serious erosieverschijnselen of stone and metal parts meant to restoration works, since 1987 in implementation.
The current Central Station contains three major components:The above the ground lofty masonry which the railways are implemented, the covered spoorweghal for arrival and departure and the actual station building with services and counter hall.
The work for the increase of the railway commenced in 1895. With a length of 1500 meters, in particular of the Keyserlei and the Zurenborgstraat, was raised a shoulder of 5,96 Meters height to the new fortresses gradually to the grondpeil would settling; the height of Ploegstraat, Long Kievitsstraat, Plantin Moretuslei, Provinciestraat and Arendsstraat stone tunnels were made and the Belgiëlei a metal bridge is showing. As a result, it was also the ringspoorweg around the city to hogen;This was built in 1873 along the new vestinggordel in replacement of previous connections by urban neighborhoods. At the height of the Draakplaats was a bogenviaduct of 75 meters built; this also happened between the so-called "Herentalse Port" and the "Leopoldpoort", approximately at the level of current Stone Bridge and Lieutenant Naeyaertplein along the English Lei (Borgerhout),Where, over a length of 850 meters a fully with arches exploded structure came about. The ophogingswerken and construction of the viaducts be attributed to engineer C. Van Bogaert in cooperation with Jan Van Asperen.
Elevated berms within the ringspoorweg "Centers", on both sides coated with many colorful stone from Belgian grooves,At the height of the traces disposed with iron or stone handrails and artfully plus towers, turrets, sculptures, ironwork and mosaics. The many turrets give access to the cross under the tracks continuous spaarvelden in the masonry of the vaults, which, as a result of the heavy vibrations must be regularly candled.
With the construction of the indoor spoorweghal was also launched in 1895, and on July 15, 1898 were inaugurated the new installations. The design of the hall, perhaps wrongly attributed to Louis Delacenserie, is probably also the basis of engineer C. Van Bogaert. The implementation was entrusted to the Compagnie Central the Construction SA." of Haine St. -Pierre.
The hall is 185 meters long, 64 meters wide and 44 meters high (cam). The basis of the ten tracks, built on 5.96 meters height, is formed by a series of vaulted rooms that extend to the Long Kievitsstraat; on the side of the Pelikaansstraat these furnishings as shop and office, under more warehouses,Vervoergangen for luggage on arrival and departure (connection to the platforms via lifts), delivery, asked for a mail sorting solution, reizigersuitgang, heating and verluchtingssysteem; the monumental fireplace on the side of the Zoo made for the disposal of the latter.
The metal structure of the canopy filled with glass panels,Consists of fifteen overvoltages from 12 meters from axle to axle and a sixteenth overvoltage for the connection with the reizigersgebouw; from the last overvoltage moved the now scrapped towers. Boogspanten composed of rectangular caissonbalken: driescharnierspanten with basisscharnieren on grondpeil and a verbindingsscharnier in the scheien,The basisscharnieren existing on each other subscribed not connected to each other documents which the steel shoes are drifting down in concrete pedestals. Cam increased by over the whole length continuous dakruiter, of which the yokes also are linked by a hinge; exploded plates in vertical walls for steam extractor of the locomotives.Slightly crooked gewelfboog of the roof with large steekkappen weerszij with iron roedenverdeling.
The prominent part of the entrance hall is on both sides a covered gallery, which, on the side of the Pelikaansstraat, on the footpath passes, and on the insides of the hall platforms is along the run-up of the vaults. Numerous bridges with view to maintenance.
To the suburbs is the hall closed by a huge glass screen hung on a metal structure, originally with an abundance of wrought iron visitors and slimline metal minarets of 54 meters on both sides. Due To roestaantasting perronoverkapping were restored urgently and glass screen. The two eindbogen, which together contribute the glass curtain,In October 1987 were hydraulic tarnished for disassembly and though improvment work is going; the general view of the glass curtain is preserved but of the former lavish decoration, a lot of lost.
Monumental reizigersgebouw with counter hall in eclectic, mainly neo-baroque style, designed by Louis Delacenserie. Commencement of work in 1900-01, structural work completed in 1904,Inauguration on July 15, 1905.
Rectangular building of three bouwlagen under slate mansard roof with central dome, several towers with dakruiter vorstkam and iron. Long facade of 77 meters to Koningin Astridplein with post office right, telegraph building left, short facade of 66 meters opposite the Keyserlei; the counter hall is located at the heart of the building.They constitute a single area of on the floor to the more than 60 meters high glass dome. The settlement of the ground floor is repeated on the higher floor, which you can reach via two directs oil when engaged; on these two levels classified around the central patio are the numerous technical and administrative services of the railways.The difference of almost 6 meters between reizigersgebouw and indoor spoorweghal is collected by four traparmen.
To Koningin Astridplein and The Keyserlei shows the building two monumental facades. The section that looks at the Zoo is architecturally less refined, while the grandeur of the facade of the perronzijde fits the beautifully carved walls of the great hall.
Shell of solid masonry with wood and betonstructuur for the bubble. For the lining of the walls and the implementation of many decorative elements was mainly use made of stone from the grooves of Vinalmont, for the structural elements of arduin. Since the used Vinalmontsteen cracks showed in many places,Were the most prominent parts such as lists, turrets and various decorative elements, as well as parts of gilded metal, which the building originally adorned, for safety reasons removed.
Facade to Koningin Astridplein, marked by a bogengalerij on the ground floor and two octogonale towers to weerszij of the former halfcirkelvomige nis,In 1960 was replaced by the current glazed party; the torenwanden are developed with alcoves, the domes(stone trim) with windows and campanile in neo-baroque style.
facade of the Keyserlei with hulking checkred rondboognis, developed as a kind of triumphal arch with marking "Middenstatie" in cartouche and awarding balustrade.Inside arc with rondbogige access to counter hall, above which loggia and traced range with clock.
Rectangular and kruiskozijnen in stone bezel either with pilasters, either geriemd; aflijnende balustrades and pediments.
The intact preserved facade to Dierentuinzijde is a simplified version of the facade of the Keyserlei.Above the rondboognis is a bogengalerij installed, flanked by two hoektoerens.
The facade of the perronzijde counts one floor less because of the increase of the platforms. Symmetrical accrued facade with airconditioned, Palladian mansion located midway-style decor, with lavish decoration in rich and colorful, but not weatherproof materials, including red marble.Central risalietvormende travee slate bubble flanked by a composition of three lower traveeën with awarding balustrade, a forward, higher ascending traveeën with three sided fronton and highlights, and a last closed travee, which reflects the glazed side walls of the hall; the assembly, on the last travee after, overwrought by a range of glass and metal,With circular traceerwerk and floral wrought iron sierstukken, which the spoorweghal
翻訳されて、しばらくお待ちください..
